Our Family

Monday, October 20, 2008

Slow down or ELSE!!!

I guess I have been voted the worst blogger in the family(thanks, Jared). You can tell from my blog about when school started!!! The kids are very busy with school, soccer, work, and friends.

There is nothing like a change in your health status to slow you down and make you reevaluate your priorities. Some of you know that I have been working very hard on a weight-loss program that has been very successful (28lbs and counting!!!). I was very excited about the results and decided on September 19th to actually go out to dinner with Brian and some friends. Well guess what you get for cheating on your diet? Yes, a gall bladder attack!!! After a trip to the Emergency Room, (don't worry Cami took me so Brian was fine)some good drugs, and an ultrasound they found gall stones. I was told that the cure for gall stones is the removal of your gall bladder. Oh yea!!! So I decided that it would be inconvenient to have this procedure until after my math class was finished, teaching balanced literacy class was over, the guided reading level report was turned in, the PALS testing window closed, and I had off track time scheduled. This has resulted in a very painful month and some lessons learned.

I had surgery this past Thursday and the procedure went very well. The constant pain in my stomach is gone. I am still a little sore from the incisions (4 to be exact) but on the road to recovery. I also seem to have a redesigned belly button, go figure! Brian has been a great nurse but he is lamenting the loss of his lazy boy. You don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles until they are out of commission. It is easier to get out of the chair than to get out of bed. Now that I have discovered this wonderful invention the next surgery(December 12th) will definitely find me spending more time in this chair(don't tell Brian). The lesson to learn here is to slow down and take care of yourself and those that you love. Nothing is worth your health!!!

3 comments:

Kristee and Jared said...

Glad the surgery went well! Take care of yourself and catch up on the rest that you need. Cami's homecoming pictures are cute. We should be seeing you guys soon. :)

Kristee and Jared said...

PS Good job on the update. :)

kallunkimom said...

Wow! It only took me four days to check out your blog after you told me you updated it! (Just don't check out mine yet cause I STILL haven't updated it!)

It was fun to get together last weekend. PLEASE email me the recipe for your salad ASAP....